Spring 2024 Registration is NOW OPEN
Important Dates for the Season!
November 30th, 2024 Thursday – Early Registration Ends
January 13th, 2024 Saturday – 3A, 4A and 14u Player Evaluations
March 9th, 2024 Saturday – Opening Day
March 10th, 2024 Sunday – Photo Day
Early Registration Incentives
- All Division 3A, 4A and 14u players who register by December 1st will be entered for a chance to win a new composite bat. The drawing will take place at Opening Day ceremonies. Register by December 1st and perhaps this year we will be calling your player’s name!
- All Division 1A & 2A players who register by December 1st will be entered in a drawing of (1) of (4) $25 Dick’s Sporting Goods Gift Certificates. The drawing will take place at Opening Day ceremonies. Register by December 1st and perhaps this year we will be calling your players name!
The divisions and registration fees are as follows: PLEASE NOTE THE FEES BELOW INCLUDE A $50 SNACK SHACK BUYOUT, WHICH WILL BE REFUNDED TO YOU IF YOU CHOOSE TO WORK A SHIFT IN THE SNACK SHACK.
Players who register before registration closes January 8th are guaranteed to be placed on a team. Any players registered after registration closes will be wait-listed and are not guaranteed to be placed on a team. Wait-listed players will be added on a first-come, first-serve basis, only when the league has confirmed there is sufficient room for additional players on existing rosters or by adding an additional team.
The divisions and registration fees are as follows:
Division Recommended Age is based on the athlete’s age as of September 1st, 2023.
|Division||Recommended Age||Registration Fee|
|0A (4u)||ages 4 and 3||$125|
|1A (6u)||ages 6-5, can include ages 4||$195|
|2A (8u)||ages 7-8, can include ages 6 and 9||$225|
|3A (10u)||ages 9-10, can include ages 8 and 11||$295|
|4A (12u)||ages 11-12 can be 13 under certain circumstances||$295|
|14u (14u)||ages 13 and 14||$295|
*SGSL FEES INCLUDE $50 SNACK SHACK BUYOUT, WHICH WILL BE REFUNDED TO YOU IF YOU CHOOSE TO WORK A SHIFT IN THE SNACK SHACK.
For more detailed information about player age and the SGSL divisions, please click here.
Coaches Needed! Interested in being a Head Coach or Co-Head Coach? Be sure to fill out the Coach/Manager application above. All volunteers who will have contact with players will need to be ACE certified by USA Softball, which includes a criminal background check and completing an online course that takes approximately one hour.
Items Included in our 2024 Spring Recreation League Fee:
- Team jersey and socks
- Softball pants included for A and AA divisions only
- Spring recreation league season games from March to mid-May.
- Recognition award for each player at season’s end
- Individual and team photo memory mate for each player
- All necessary equipment except cleats and softball glove
- League trained volunteer coaches and trained Umpires
About Team Volunteer Responsibilities
The Sunnyvale Girls Softball League is a volunteer organization, and all families are required to perform volunteer duties for their assigned team. These duties include the following:
- field preparation before games
- score keeping
- team administration
- working shifts in the league snack shack at Ortega Park
- $50 snack shack buy-out fee included with registration
Spring Recreation Weekly Practice and Game Guidelines
|Division||Practices||Length of Practices||Games||Length of Games||Game Days|
|1A||1||60 minutes||1||60 minutes||Saturday morning|
|2A||1||75 minutes||2||80 minutes||Tues, (Fri) & Sat morning**|
|3A||1*||90 minutes||2||105 minutes||Wed, (Fri) & Sat morning**|
|4A||1*||90 minutes||2||120 minutes||Thurs, (Fri) & Sat morning***|
|14u||1*||90 minutes||2||120 minutes||TBD & Sat evening***|
Practice day(s) will be determined after we have secured the coaches for each team and will be based on what non-game day works best for the coach. We do take into consideration any days listed as conflicts during registration for the players.
* Note a second practice may be scheduled for batting practices
** 2A and 3A may play some games on Friday evenings under the lights at Ortega.
*** 4A and 14u will play some games on Saturday evenings under the lights at Ortega
If you have questions about the Spring Season, please contact us at [email protected]