Spring 2023 Registration will open on November 1st
Player Evaluations for 3A and 4A Divisions are TBD
Opening Day is March 5th, 2022.
Early Registration Incentives
- All Division 3A & 4A players who register by December 1st will be entered for a chance to win a new Composite bat. The drawing will take place at Opening Day ceremonies. Last year’s winner chose a 2022 Easton Ghost, a $400 value, which was ordered to her size specifications. Register by December 1st and perhaps this year we will be calling your players name!
- All Division 1A & 2A players who register by December 1st will be entered in a drawing of (1) of (4) $25 Dick’s Sporting Goods Gift Certificates. The drawing will take place at Opening Day ceremonies. Register by December 1st and perhaps this year we will be calling your players name!
- All AAA (10U) and AAAA (12U) players who register by December 15th will be eligible to participate in our free winter hitting groups. Last year the groups met once per week for 4 weeks at All Star Academy at West Valley College for a one hour hitting session led by their coaching staff.
The divisions and registration fees are as follows: PLEASE NOTE THE FEES BELOW INCLUDE A $50 SNACK SHACK BUYOUT, WHICH WILL BE REFUNDED TO YOU IF YOU CHOOSE TO WORK A SHIFT IN THE SNACK SHACK.
Players who register before registration closes January 10th are guaranteed to be placed on a team. Any players registered after registration closes will be wait-listed and are not guaranteed to be placed on a team. Wait-listed players will be added on a first-come, first-serve basis, only when the league has confirmed there is sufficient room for additional players on existing rosters or by adding an additional team.
The divisions and registration fees are as follows:
|Division||Recommended Age||Registration Fee|
|A||ages 6 and under||$185*|
|AA||ages 7-8, can include ages 6 and 9||$215*|
|AAA||ages 9-10, can include ages 8 and 11||$275*|
|AAAA||ages 11-12, can be 13 under certain circumstances||$275*|
(teams are formed among five local softball leagues)
*SGSL FEES INCLUDE $50 SNACK SHACK BUYOUT, WHICH WILL BE REFUNDED TO YOU IF YOU CHOOSE TO WORK A SHIFT IN THE SNACK SHACK.
Players ages 13-15 should register with SGSL’s sister league, South Bay Quakes Fastpitch, to learn more about that division and to register directly in that league, please click here.
For more detailed information about player age and the SGSL divisions, please click here.
Interested in being a Head Coach or Co-Head Coach? Be sure to fill out the Coach/Manager application on our new registration site. All volunteers who will have contact with players will need to be ACE certified by the Amateur Softball Association, which includes a criminal background check and completing an online course that takes approximately one hour.
Items Included in our 2023 Spring Recreation League Fee:
- Team jersey and socks
- Softball pants included for A and AA divisions only
- Skills clinics in pitching, catching, hitting, defense
- A skills clinic by the Santa Clara Women’s Softball Team
- Spring recreation league season games from March to mid-May.
- Recognition award for each player at season’s end
- Individual and team photo memory mate for each player
- All necessary equipment except cleats and softball glove
- League trained volunteer coaches and trained Umpires
About Team Volunteer Responsibilities
The Sunnyvale Girls Softball League is a volunteer organization, and all families are required to perform volunteer duties for their assigned team. These duties include the following:
- field preparation before games
- score keeping
- team administration
- working shifts in the league snack shack at Ortega Park
Note that for the Spring Rec Season each player registration fee includes a $50 snack shack buy out, which will be refunded to you if you work a shift in the Ortega Park snack shack. This buyout only applies to the snack shack, and all other volunteer responsibilities remain.
Spring Recreation Weekly Practice and Game Guidelines
|Division||Practices||Length of Practice||Games||Length of Games||GAME Days|
|A||1||60 minutes||1||60 minutes||Saturday morning|
|AA||1*||75 minutes||2||80 minutes||Tue, (Fri) & Sat morning**|
|AAA||1*||90 minutes||2||105 minutes||Wed, (Fri) & Sat noon**|
|AAAA||1*||90 minutes||2||120 minutes||Thurs & Sat afternoon***|
Practice day(s) will be determined after we have secured the coaches for each team and will be based on what non-game day works best for the coach. We do take into consideration any days listed as conflicts during registration for the players.
* Note a second practice may be scheduled at the league batting cages (AA only 2 times at batting cages per season)
** AA and AAA will play some games on Friday evenings under the lights at Ortega; only 2 games per week will be played with the Friday games in lieu of either the weekday or Saturday games.
*** AAAA will play some games on Saturday evenings under the lights at Ortega
As a guideline, last season’s game schedules for each division are posted on our Forms & Info page. Please note that these are guidelines only. Some variations may occur.
If you have questions about the Spring Season, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org