Sunnyvale Girls Softball League is a youth sports organization (501(c)3 Non-profit established to educate and develop softball skills, sportsmanship and character through the game of softball. The league was formed in 2005 as a consolidation of four Little League softball programs (Sunnyvale National, Sunnyvale Southern, Sunnyvale Metro, and Cupertino American) with softball roots going back over 30 years.
The purpose of the league is:
- To provide the facilities, equipment and supervision necessary for youth ages 5-16 to learn to play fastpitch softball.
- To develop softball skills and to gain an appreciation and knowledge of the game.
- To develop good sportsmanship and character.
- To develop the qualities of citizenship and leadership through the game of softball.
- To promote physical fitness for the players
We strive to accomplish our purpose in a fun and positive environment!
Our season begins with team selection in February and ends the last weeekend in May. In addition, for those who would like to continue playing at a more competitive Sunnyvale Shockwave 10U, 12U and 14/16U tournament travel teams will play 4 or 5 tournaments in June/July and again September/October. All tournaments are local so no overnight stays are required. Tournament play is normally 3 games on Saturday and then single elimination on Sunday (checkout the Shockwave page for more details).